Thursday, March 8, 2012

Stream.

I bought actual running shoes last week.  I don't know if my plan is to actually run in them, but my feet didn't fall asleep after 30 minutes on the elliptical, so that is a plus.  Of course, I cannot wear these shoes to Zumba.  They are TOO supportive.  Running Store Guy said I will ruin the shoes, and also, might break my ankles.

So, I decided that I wanted to buy some new workout clothes because my oversized baggy ones were making me look larger than I actually am.  I tried on some fitted capris and nearly passed out in horror at the size of my ass.  Don't get me wrong---I knew it was big, but a combination of those pants and the dressing room mirrors...well.  I did not buy them.  I did buy 2 moisture wicking shirts and a pair of running capri type pants.  The pants fit, but are an eeensy bit too tight for me to be comfortable in them.  By my estimation, I'll be able to wear them in a few weeks.

I was on a quest for underwear that doesn't fall down as well, and settled on some boy short type ones.  They didn't fall down.  Nope.  But every single inch of them rode up my ass while I was at Zumba.  So.  They were a waste of $9.99.

I came home from shopping, and reamed Hub out for not telling me about how big my butt is.  But he had already told me earlier that morning that my butt looked smaller (which is probably why I tried on the stretch pants), so I couldn't be too mad.  He's also commented on my stomach looking firmer and so on.  So he is helping me out as well. 

So, I think things are going generally well.  I feel better than I remember feeling in a really long time.  I just need to find the perfect sports bra and underwear and I will be good to go!

2 comments:

  1. I don't wear underwear when I workout. I just can't. There's not a single pair in existence that doesn't ride completely up my ass and I cannot have that. Short of duck tape, I don't know what else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am so proud of you. This is really working for you. Jealous. I want to start exercising in some way. I am far too achy in the morning. I can only blame weak, atrophying 30-something muscles.

    ReplyDelete